Screening for COVID-19
- To determine if employees are well when they come to work, we will ask each staff member basic questions about their physical health and symptoms using the provincial list of COVID-19 symptoms.
- Staff will use online screening form before arriving to every shift. If staff answer “yes” to any symptoms they are required to stay home and are urged to get tested and follow all public health guidelines.
- Clients will be required to use online screening form that will ask questions about their physical health and symptoms using the provincial list of covid-19 guidelines.
- If clients fail to fill out screening form before arrival, they will be provided a physical screening form that they will need to complete outside prior to entry into the salon.
- If clients answer “yes” to any questions on pre-screening form either online or in person, their appointment will be cancelled immediately and they will not be permitted entry into the salon. They will be urged to follow all public health guidelines. Appointments will be rescheduled to a later date.
Transmission Risk Controls
- Masks are mandatory for entrance into the salon and duration of stay.
- Signage posted at entrance pertaining to: capacity, screening /self-assessment, mask wearing, and hand hygiene.
- Upon arrival, staff and customers will be required to sanitize hands with a sanitizer of at least 70% alcohol provided by Alcorn Hair.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers (minimum 70% alcohol) will be available throughout store and salon.
- Doors and windows will be open as much as possible, weather permitting.
- Stations have been removed to ensure there is a distance of at least 6ft between stations
- All door handles and high touch areas are regularly cleaned and sanitized after every customer.
- All surfaces are cleaned and sanitized at least 6-8 times per day.
- Cleaning and disinfecting products will be monitored daily and stocked appropriately.
- Surface cleaning will be performed with PRE-EMPT (Accelerated Hydrogen Peroxide) and all tools will be sterilized after each use with minimum 70% alcohol and/or UV treatment.
- Barbicide is to be used to sanitize all plastic tools after each use and changed daily.
- All towels and gowns will be laundered with detergent and hot dried after each client.
- Sinks will be cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- Thorough cleaning and sanitization done at the end of each day including floor washing.
- Regular changing of air filters in HVAC system which runs independently and is not connected to any other systems throughout the building
- There are 2 medical grade air HEPA air filters located in front and back of the salon.
- Any covid related incidents will be logged in our Covid-19 Incident Log.
- Stanchions will be place at front door and clients will have to wait to be greeted by a staff member to ensure capacity limits aren’t exceeded.
- Before clients are allowed entry for service, screening forms must completed and be approved. If screening form is not approved, the client will be denied entry and their appointment will be cancelled.
- If client is coming in for service, staff member will ensure hand sanitizing and will guide client to assigned space; client is encouraged to stay in that area for entire length of visit.
- If client is only entering to shop the store; they must wait at door to respect capacity limit, complete a verbal screening form, sanitize their hands and wear a mask for duration of visit. No entrance to the salon or restroom will be permitted.
- All payments will be accepted; touchless payment is encouraged.
- The waiting area has been removed. Clients must arrive to their appointment on time. If early, they must remain outside until their stylist is ready for their appointment.
- Consumption of food is not permitted in the salon for customers.
- Beverages may only be consumed privately in restroom.
- Clients are to attend appointments by themselves.
- Children may only have services done if they are old enough to attend their appointment by themselves; guardian must wait outside of the salon.
- To limit front desk interactions, clients will pay for services and products with a wireless pin pad from their chair.
- Pets are not permitted as per public health guidelines. Accommodations will be made for services animals with certification.
- All staff are required to wear proper fitting masks at all times.
- A designated supervisor will ensure masks are worn properly and that all protocols are followed.
- Supervisor will also be responsible for communicating public health updates to staff and update training.
- Staff are required to clean their hands frequently throughout the day and when required.
- Alcorn Hair will provide staff with surgical masks.
- Staff shifts will staggered to reduce amount of staff and clients in the salon.
- Lunch breaks will be limited to one staff member at a time. No longer than 30 minutes.
- All lunch and breaks will be scheduled accordingly to ensure only one staff member is in break room at a time or encouraged to be taken outdoors, weather permitting.
- Staff is required to clean and sanitize area they use in break room after every lunch or break.
- There is no gathering allowed in the break room.
- All staff will have storage units for personal items.
- All operators will have their own hair care products to use on clients; no communal usage.
- Staff members are encouraged to get fresh air by going outside on their breaks.
- All staff members are responsible to abide by protocols.
Potential Case, Or Suspected Exposure To COVID-19 In The Workplace
- We will ensure all staff contact information is up to date to provide to public health for contact tracing purposes
- Every appointment requires client contact information including; full name, phone number, email address to provide to public health for contact tracing purposes.
If staff members answers “yes” to any symptoms or questions on screening form.
- Staff member will not be permitted to come in to work. At this point we will notify staff that team member is not feeling well and to monitor their own health. If that staff member has not had any direct contact with a covid positive patient, they are to self isolate, get tested and if test comes back negative then they are allowed to return to work within 24 hours or their symptoms improving.
- If staff member has had known contact with a covid positive individual. They are required to get tested and self-isolate for 14 days from contact or when symptoms occurred and follow all guidelines provided by public health. Staff member will require negative covid test to return to work.
If staff member becomes unwell while at work.
- Staff member will be sent home immediately to self isolate and will be required to get tested. If that staff member has not had any direct contact with a covid positive patient, they are to self isolate, get tested and if test comes back negative then they are allowed to return to work within 24 hours or their symptoms improving.
- If staff member has had known contact with a covid positive individual. They are required to get tested and self-isolate for 14 days from when symptoms occurred and follow all guidelines provided by public health. Staff member will require negative covid test to return to work.
If staff member tests POSITIVE for COVID-19.
- If staff member tests positive for COVID-19, we will immediately contact Toronto Public Health and follow all public health procedures. We will provide public health with all contact information necessary. All staff members will be notified and urged to take proper steps as per public health procedures. In order for staff member to return to work they need to self isolate for a minimum of 14 days from when symptoms occurred and provide a negative covid test upon return to work.
If a client notifies us they tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of their appointment.
- We will contact Toronto Public Health and follow all their procedures provided to us.
If client answers “yes” to any symptoms or questions on screening form.
- Their appointment will be cancelled immediately and they will not be able to enter the salon and advised to follow public health measures.
Toronto Public Health COVID-19 Hotline
Available seven days a week from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Telehealth Ontario – Call if you develop symptoms.